Hosting an Event
The Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival hosts an number of events around the township of Junee over a three day weekend (commencing on the Friday afternoon).
Some of these events, like the Friday night Bush Dance, Saturday Markets in Memorial Park and Street Parade are organised by the actual Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival Association Committee, but the majority of events are hosted, and organised, by independent organisations or businesses, from the local Junee community and from further afield.
Our town’s many pubs and licensed premises usually provide performance spaces for bands and musical acts and some even have dance floors. The various restaurants and cafes around town can offer smaller, more intimate, locations for soloists or quartets.
The Athenium Theatre and Broadway Museum, both located centrally in town on Broadway, also host a number of events over the festival weekend. The Roundhouse Museum, Junee Licorice and Chocolate Factory, and Gasworks Museum can offer opportunities for a wide ranges of activities and events.
The Junee Ex-Services Memorial Club, Junee Junction Recreation & Aquatic Centre, along with a couple of our local churches and schools, may have hall and exhibition spaces available. Railway Square, Memorial Park and the central strip of Broadway may also be available (STCA).
There have been a number of World Record attempts held at different Rhythm n Rail related events, and most have broken the record they were attempting.
In the past, some of the events held over the Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival Weekend included;
- Photographic and Art exhibitions
- Talent Quests
- Steam and heritage restored train rides on the main line
- Rides on preserved Ominbuses and “road trains”
- Model Railway Exhibits
- Bush Dances, Formal Dinners and Poets Breakfasts
- Market Stalls and Carnival Rides
- Vintage and Classic Car displays
- Bands — large and small; solo musicians and singers
- Classical music and contemporary performers
- Displays of traditional crafts and skills
- Films, under the stars and at the Athenium Theatre
- Charity Auctions and fundraisers
Checkout some of the previous events hosted by independent organisations at previous Festivals.
We welcome your proposal for hosting, and organising, an event in conjunction with the 2018 Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival.
Submit your event information
If you’d like to organise an event over the Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival weekend and you want to be promoted on our website, and be part of our social media and other marketing campaigns*, please use the submission form found below.
Submit your Event Information for the 2018 Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival.
An example of how individual Event Pages on the Rhythm n Rail website may look like, based on the information supplied via the Submit your Event form, can be viewed here.
* NOTE: We may extend an invitation for your event to join us in bigger advertising strategies that may incur a cost to your organisation. Participation in such advertising are totally optional and will only proceed upon acceptance of a quotation from us and payment of such advertising fees.